Teak Furniture Restoration Service
Classic Patio proudly introduces professional teak furniture cleaning and restoration service of all teak patio furniture including teak dining chairs, bar tables, dining tables and benches. Teak wood furniture will last a very long time but the color can change when exposed to direct sun light over time without occasional maintenance. Some people prefer the weathered look of teak but others do not. For those of you who prefer to maintain that golden brown look must think of when purchasing teak furniture you will need to properly clean and seal the wood at least once a year.
Classicpatio.com recommends the following steps to maintain your teak patio furniture:
1) Cleaning of teak furniture
Teak is a dense, coarse, close-grained hardwood. It contains high levels of resinous oils that allows it to be naturally resistant to moisture, repellent to insects and impervious to the drying effects of weather. Teak also contains silica, a sand-like component which creates a density in the wood that allows it to be resistant to fungal decay, water, rotting, warping, shrinking, swelling and many damaging chemicals. It will not rust or corrode metals it comes in contact with and it can withstand the elements of all seasons, with its beauty increasing with its age. No other wood compares to teak regarding its durability, elegance, stability and low maintenance; making it the ultimate choice of material for furniture construction and ship building worldwide.
The characteristics about teak outdoor furniture:
- 1. Teak has a big concentration of oils and minerals, causing the wood to be waxy and flexible. This makes a wood that is water resistant and insect resistant, as well as a strong, straight grain to resist bending.
- 2. It is one of the hardest, strongest and most durable of all timbers, highly resistant to any rotting and almost impervious to the effects of hot sun, rain, frost or snow. These characteristics combine to make it the ideal timber for all outdoor applications. Teak is extremely dense-grained and highly resistant to decay, warping, shrinkage and swelling. These characteristics make teak furniture extremely durable.
- 3. Teak wood ages gracefully, If left to the elements, teak develops a silver grayish coloring which, over time can be left as is or revived to its original patina by light sanding and the application of a little teak oil.
Construction of our furniture
All Classic Teak quality teak wood products are manufactured from Java teak wood specially selected from reserved production forests, carefully managed by the government forestry agency. We use “A” grade teak wood to make our outdoor furniture. Our teak furniture is constructed using advance technologies that are well tested to ensure your furniture delivers comfort, style and is long lasting.
- Top grade properly kiln dried teak wood is used for construction.
- All joinery is mortise & tenon and glued with weatherproof glue, further reinforced by dowel joints or solid brass screws.
- All furniture is machine made, easy to assemble and with flexibility of interchanging parts.